The Millennium Technology Prize nominations are evaluated by the International Selection Committee (ISC) and the Pre-selection committee.
International Selection Committee
The Millennium Technology Prize nominations are evaluated by the International Selection Committee (ISC), composed of eminent professionals from academia and industry with broad knowledge and collective expertise covering the fields of the Prize.
The ISC has access to all materials prepared by both the nominators and the Pre-Selection Committee. The most promising nominations are subjected to in-depth evaluation executed in collaboration with external experts.
The ISC members are appointed by the Board of Technology Academy Finland based on proposals made by Aalto University, the strategic partner of the Millennium Technology Prize. The term of each ISC member is eight years at maximum, i.e., four rounds.
Chair of the International Selection Committee
Sir Peter Knight
Hamid G Mughal OBE
To facilitate the work of the International Selection Committee, the Pre-Selection Committee screens the Millennium Technology Prize nominations for non-eligible submissions. Furthermore, the Pre-Selection Committee invites external experts to pre-review the most promising nominations.
Chair of the Pre-selection Committee
- Laura Raaska, Director of the Division of Biosciences, Health and Environment, Academy of Finland, Chair
Members of the Pre-selection Committee
- Paula Eerola, Vice Rector for Research, University of Helsinki
- Jyrki Heino, Professor, University of Turku
- Samuel Kaski, Professor, Aalto University
- Minna Kellomäki, Professor, Tampere University
- Matti Latva-Aho, Academy Professor, University of Oulu
- Veli-Matti Leppänen, Doctor of Science (Technology), ABB Ltd
- Annele Virtanen, Professor, University of Eastern Finland
- Jyrki Vuorinen, Dean, Tampere University