The Millennium Technology Prize nominations are evaluated by the International Selection Committee (ISC) and the Pre-selection committee.
International Selection Committee
The Millennium Technology Prize nominations are evaluated by the International Selection Committee (ISC), composed of eminent professionals from academia and industry with broad knowledge and collective expertise covering the fields of the Prize.
The ISC has access to all materials prepared by both the nominators and the Pre-Selection Committee. The most promising nominations are subjected to in-depth evaluation executed in collaboration with external experts.
The ISC members are appointed by the Board of Technology Academy Finland based on proposals made by university partners of the Millennium Technology Prize. The term of each ISC member is eight years at maximum, i.e., four rounds.
Chair of the International Selection Committee
Thierry E. Klein
To facilitate the work of the International Selection Committee, the Pre-Selection Committee screens the Millennium Technology Prize nominations for non-eligible submissions. Furthermore, the Pre-Selection Committee invites external experts to pre-review the most promising nominations.
Chair of the Pre-selection Committee
- Kati Sulonen, Senior Science Adviser, Academy of Finland
Members of the Pre-selection Committee
- Christian Breyer, Professor, LUT University
- Jyrki Heino, Professor, University of Turku
- Samuel Kaski, FCAI Flagship Director, Professor, Aalto University
- Minna Kellomäki, Body-on-Chip Centre of Excellence Director, Professor, Tampere University
- Heidi Kuusniemi, Digital Economy Director, Professor, University of Vaasa
- Matti Latva-Aho,6G Flagship Director, Professor, University of Oulu
- Veli-Matti Leppänen, Technology Manager, ABB
- Jyrki Vuorinen, Vice-rector of education, University of Vaasa